Do you want to know if you are having a boy or a girl? That is the question!
Finding out or not finding out the sex of your baby can change your experience as an expecting parent. Here are some things to consider…
- You can concentrate on only boys names, or only girls names when picking your baby’s name.
- You can buy gender specific clothes. Blue for a boy, and pink for a girl.
- You can decorate the nursery based on gender.
- Friends and families love to find out the sex of your baby so they can start shopping!
- Some people say they feel a closer bond when they know the sex of the baby.
- There is no surprise when your baby is born, unless of course the doctor was wrong in determining the sex!
Not To Sex
- There is a huge surprise factor. Some people say that this is the only true surprise in life!
- You have to pick a boys name and a girls name.
- You would buy mostly yellow and green clothing, unless you don’t mind dressing your son in pink. 😉
- You can’t decorate the nursery gender specific.
If you decide to find out the sex of your baby just remember that the doctor is not always right! Sometimes it is hard for the doctor to see if the baby keeps their legs closed tightly for example.My friend was told that he was having a boy at about the 20 week mark. They went for another ultrasound closer to the end of their pregnancy and was told that their son really was a girl! By this time they had already picked a name, bought all of the blue clothes, and been dreaming about their new baby boy.
I myself, along with my wife, decided to find out the sex of our baby. I just liked the idea of being able to dream about all of the things to look forward to. It helped me get through the rough times. Since I was told I was having a boy I dreamed about camping, fishing, riding go-carts…you know all the fun guy stuff!
So what is your opinion on finding out the sex of baby during pregnancy?