So the festivities have begun. Christmas for us involves trekking hundreds of miles over a period of two weekends. Grandma H’s house was tonight. I had to work, so I arrived after dinner and met Momma and Ace there.
Ace unwrapped two or three gifts and then was too busy playing with his toys to unwrap any more. Grandma and Grandpa H go all out for Christmas. We had the entire back of Momma’s SUV full of toys and clothes, not to mention part of the back seat.
And it was COLD tonight!
The multiple trips from the house to the car was just about more of the negativity than I could take.
We let our vehicles warm up in the driveway for over 20 minutes, and they still were not throwing any hot air when we left!
So what is our plan for the next week?
– Christmas Eve go to Grandma and Grandpa S’s house (For presents only).
– Then stroll a few blocks away to Granny and Pop’s house.
– Early Christmas morning get up and open the presents at our house.
– Still early Christmas morning, drive to Great Grandma W’s house (1.5 hour drive).
– Christmas afternoon drive back to Grandma and Grandpa S’s House for dinner and big family Christmas. (Another 1.5 hour drive).
– Then on Saturday go back to Grandma and Grandpa S’s House for another small Christmas celebration. (Out of town family coming in)
– And finally on Sunday we go to Grandma O and Grandpa H’s house (another 1.5 hour drive) for their Christmas celebration.
Oh, by the way…I am working mandatory overtime on Saturday and Sunday, so I wil be doing all of this after working 12+ hours.
How does your Christmas scedule compare? Is our schedule more hectic than yours? If not we will trade. 😀
Merry and Happy