Dad’s In The Media

Many of the commercials and TV shows that I have seen in the past portray Dads as nimwits when it comes to taking care of their kids. I’m not going to give examples. If you want some, just watch prime time TV…or read TipDad’s Devolution of the American Man.

I saw this Huggies commercial and cracked up! While this Dad can not successfully change a diaper without making a mess, at least Huggies has recognized that Dads change diapers too… Progress?

[youtube]KXnRuyJZkUw[/youtube]

I’ve recently joined a “Man Panel” where I take periodic surveys to help improve the image of men in the media. Hopefully my opinion helps… 😀

ASIDE: I’m on Plurk! I like it much better than Twitter so far! If you are on Plurk too add me as a friend! My username is DadThing. Visit my profile here.

14 Comments

1. […] far opposite from what the ideal used to be.  Apparently, I’m not the only one that thinks dads in the media are portrayed this […]

2. CableGirl says:

See, and that’s why I’m glad I have a girl…. no unexpected golden showers. lmao

I’ll come find you on plurk. It’s crack, but I”m loving it.

3. That’s awesome you’re on a panel man. I’m sure you’re adding some great insights, and I look forward to hearing more about it from you.

4. Dette says:

LOL – I was sprayed several times with my 3 boys. Sprayed on and pooped on – changing bedsheets at 3am. Which is what I got for being too lazy to use the changing table.

I keep hearing about plurk and have got to check it out!

5. CableGirl says:

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your $0.02 on my post yesterday. It really helps to get other perspectives and opinions.

6. Kim says:

That commercial cracked me up!! And congrats on the panel position.. wahhooo!!

7. Joe says:

Great to hear you are on a panel. Give ’em hell. I mean do us proud. Funny commercial…two words though–3 girls.

8. Scott says:

I like to have fun when my dad comes over to visit. I always ask my son if he wants grandpa to change his diaper. He says yes, but grandpa has only changed one diaper in his lifetime. Mine, and he hated it:) I love giving grandpa a hard time.