I have found that part of being a Dad is learning to accept the fact that you will sacrifice some things…
Just a few examples…
- walking around the house naked
- having dirty magazines/movies in the house
- sleeping in to nurse your hang over
- drinking enough to get a hang over
- steaming up the car windows in the back seat of the car (unless you are extremely flexible…and/or short…and can maneuver around the car seats, which I am neither)
… you know… all the things that most young, child-less guys do.
Today, however I had to sacrifice something that I won’t be able to do again. I missed out on something that I will never be able to see again. The first glimpse of this…
I had to go out of town for work and couldn’t make the appointment.
We are planning on doing another 3D Ultrasound, and I will not miss that one. I will take off the whole week if that’s what it takes to guarantee me being there.
The doctor said there is a 95% chance we are having a girl. Time to start thinking of names, desensitizing myself to pink and purple, buying a shotgun, and memorizing the chorus to this song….