I remember back when we were expecting Ace. Everyone kept telling us how much it would change our life, but all they told us was, “Diapers and formula are expensive!”…or, “You’ll be getting up every couple of hours every night to a crying kid!”.
So I’m going to let out the secrets…what are some of the things that change…that no one tells you about.
1. You venture into areas of your TV volume meter that have never been explored…(No I do not watch the fashion show shown on the TV…that was all Momma’s doing.)
- TV Volume Before Kids
- TV Volume After Kids
2. You must now share cabinet space with brightly colored sippy cups. Be glad you did not install those fancy clear cabinet doors…because I guarantee the neon rainbow does not go with most kitchen decors.
- Sippy Cups Share A Cabinet
3. Other cabinets are completely taken over… What used to be there? Hell, I forget (loss of memory is another thing they don’t tell you about)
- Hijacked Cabinet – Baby Stuff
- Hijacked Cabinet – Baby Food
4. You find it financially necessary to buy a digital camera. I have taken over 2000 pictures in the past 19 months. You know how much it would have cost to develop 2000 pictures? Most of them blurry, off center, or otherwise not visually pleasing…
- Digital Camera Needed
5. Your computer wallpaper can no longer be some cool scenery or your favorite sports team. It is, of course, a picture (or even slide show) of your kid…
- Ace Wallpaper
6. Hearing a kid crying is no longer like nails on a chalkboard. It still bothers you, but you are extremely desensitized compared to it’s pre-kid effects…
- Ace Crying
7. Other people’s kids crying doesn’t bother you like it did before you had kids either. It has other effects on you, like…chuckling quietly because you know exactly what the crying kid’s parent is going through and you are just glad it is not you this time…but you know your turn is coming.
8. No longer does your back yard look like a golf course green. Now it looks like the playground at the park…
- Golf Course Green Backyard
9. Your refrigerator will now be a major source of entertainment for your little one. A little side effect? Coming down in the middle of the night to get a drink and busting your ass on refrigerator magnets that have been left lying on the floor. ;D
- Refrigerator Magnets
10. It is not only recommended, but often necessary to change your disgusting habits. Those little people are like copy-catting sponges…
- Kids Picking Their Noses
But even though you have to deal with the noise, the cabinet rearrangements, the wallpaper hijacking, the buying of a digital camera, the crying, the loss of your beautiful backyard, the refrigerator decorations, and the nose picking…it is all worth it…because of moments like this…
- Why It Is All Worth It